SYMPHONY ABOVE THE CLOUDS – JULY 5TH
Every year on July 5th, thousands of people of all ages bring lawn chairs and picnic dinners to enjoy while they listen to beautiful music. The evening begins with entertainment from a local band playing as people gather and wait in anticipation to hear the Colorado Springs Philharmonic Orchestra. The finale of the evening is always Tchaikovsky’s “1812 Overture” played while fireworks and cannon’s are going off in the distance. It’s an evening of fun for the whole family to enjoy.
JULY 5TH CONCERT – THINGS TO KNOW.
- Location: Woodland Park Middle School, 600 E. Kelly Road, Woodland Park, CO 80863.
- Gates open at 5:00 PM.
- Bring lawn chairs and blankets to sat on. This is an OUTDOOR EVENT held at the track and field behind the Woodland Park Middle School.
- You are welcome to bring your own picnic.
- NO alcohol is permitted on the school grounds.
- NO pets are allowed within the track and field area. (Fireworks and very loud cannons will be shot off at the end of the concert.)
- The pre-band plays from 5:30 – 7:00 pm.
- Colorado Philharmonic begins at 7:30 with a 15 min. intermission about 8:30. Event ends around 9:30 PM.
- You can park on any of the off streets around the WP Middle School area.
- Parking is first come first serve.
- Handicap parking available on the north side of the track and field.
- This is an OUTDOOR EVENT so make sure you bring jackets because it does cool off in the evenings when the sun goes down.
- Food concessions are available at the concert if you choose not to bring your own.
- To ensure a closer parking spot arrive no later than 6:00 pm.
- This is a FREE concert but DONATIONS will gladly be accepted throughout the evening.
PHILHARMONIC KIDS CONCERTS
The Ute Pass Symphony Guild also raises funds and docent training to send fourth graders from area schools to a Philharmonic Kids concert presented at the Pikes Peak Center. These concerts are offered each school year during the spring and fall.